Sunday, February 04, 2018

SuperBowl Sunday

Like a lot of things these past weeks, today marks another first I hate.....the first SuperBowl without Sandi here. Today is made worse because the team she loved, The New England Patriots, are once again in it. She would have screamed herself hoarse as she cheered for them.

I don't like either team. Quite honestly, if I had my way, neither one would have made it this far. It almost makes the game unwatchable for me. Though, I will be watching as I still love football despite the made up controversy over some players taking a knee and the very real issues regarding injuries, CTE, and concussions. Having had five concussions myself --not caused by organized football-- and having dealt with post concussion syndrome for almost a year after the last one, I know something about what can happen when your brain bounces around in your skull.

So, I will be watching though I am not rooting for anyone. I think the Patriots win going away. I have no faith at all in Foles. And while the Eagles defense is something to fear, Brady is a malicious surgeon and will carve them apart.

I also expect this to be Brady's final game. As I said on FB earlier this week, I think Belchick's celebrations after each post season victory this year and his behavior at Media Day back on Monday indicate a man that knows this is his final SuperBowl appearance. I believe that in a manner of hours to a few days after their win today we will learn that he is retiring effective immediately. That will cause Brady to decide that he is also retiring as he won't want to learn new schemes or deal with a new coach. Those decisions will end the New England Dynasty that began on this date yesterday with NE win at the SuperBowl in 2002.

There you have it....place your bets accordingly as we approach kickoff.

And lift your celebratory drinks to Sandi who I choose to believe is still with us in spirit.

4 comments:

Kaye George said...

I wish I knew which team my Hubby would have rooted for. But my son was for the Eagles and I watched at his house, so it turned out okay for us.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Sandi grew up there and would have been wearing one of her many New England shirts if she had been here.

Kaye George said...

Cliff was a Chicago boy through and through, but liked the Dallas Cowboys when we lived there.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Win, lose, or draw, I have and will always be a Cowboy fan.